Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Games, Riddles and the like

So first i read this article:
December 26, 2006 Tags: free game kidsafe macpclinux puzzle riddle

Lateral thinking is not something I have always excelled at. Some would even say you could remove "lateral" from the previous sentence and it would remain just as true. I have noticed in fact a general decline in my reasoning prowess, and I'm choosing to blame the lack of sleep as a result of having a baby... 14 months ago. To fight my general stupidification I've been flexing my lateral thinking muscles lately with Riddles of Riddles 100. These lateral thinking web games are the work of one apparently psychotic mind, Mark Lautman. They aren't as slick or polished as God Tower or Dumb: The Game, but what they lack in graphics they make up for in deviousness and variety. In the first 16 puzzles alone, I came across binary code, a crossword puzzle, a word scramble, and a quote from... nevermind, that would give the answer away. When you discover the answer to a puzzle you enter it directly in the URL in your browser's address bar. I was originally a little annoyed at that, but the manual entry actually sets Mark up to hand you some pretty clever wordplay based on the address bar itself. There are also occasional hints in the source code of the document itself. Shoot, I hope that didn't spoil anything. It's so hard reviewing these kinds of games without giving too much away.  In any event, if you like feeling stupid for not finding the answer that's right in front of your nose, get ready to enjoy. Click. Be sure to check out the other flavors of the Riddles of Riddles games as well. Thanks to Xyz for sending this one in!


Which led me on to find these riddle/puzzle games (have not tried any of it yet):
RIddle of Riddles: http://tinyurl.com/yjqyps 
Clever Waste of Time: http://tinyurl.com/ydcgtt 
My Diamond Baby: http://tinyurl.com/ya9cr9 


All of it came through reviews on Casual Gameplay which is exactly the kind of gamer I have become.  I have no time for involved, long, complicated games anymore.

I suggest a look to one and all.




No comments: