Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Funny, I found this project last week or so....

and here it is being written up.... I wonder if I am listening to the
collective unconscious again.... might be time to get my brain a tune
up.....


Ancient Rome Brought Back to Life

from BBC News Online

Ancient Rome has been brought back to life through a unique digital
reconstruction project, said to be the world's biggest computer
simulation.
An international team of architects, archaeologists and experts spent 10
years working on a real-time 3D model of the city called Rome Reborn.

Some 7,000 buildings were scanned and reproduced using a model of the
city
kept at a Rome museum. Users enter the city at the time of
Constantine and
see inside buildings. The simulation takes place in AD320, which is
said to
be the city's peak, when it had grown to a million inhabitants.

"We can take people under the Colosseum and show them how the elevators
worked to bring the animals up from underground chambers for the animal
hunts they held," said Bernard Frischer, the project's leader who heads
Virginia's Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities.

To read more: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6743991.stm

Or: http://tinyurl.com/2hvxs4

1 comment:

◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk.
I'll publish on my blog!.
And if you want I can link your blog on mine!

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com