Thursday, March 15, 2007

I like tea

this seems like a very cool idea, though having just the right tea
cups/pots would be required:


Full Bloom Tea - a visual experience

Because I tend to be a very fidgety, restless person, I'm drawn to
the ritual of tea-making, which naturally slows me down and calms my
nerves (drinking wine slows me down too, but starting down that road
before noon has unwanted repercussions). Knowing that tea has
antioxidant properties doesn't hurt, but for me, there's another,
more compelling benefit to drinking tea -- it takes my mind off of
drinking coffee.

I just discovered something that takes the tea experience to another
level, tea balls from FullBloomTea.com, which bloom into a bouquet of
flowers when put in boiling water. The balls are made of Silver
Needle white tea wrapped around dehydrated flowers (such as Marigold,
Amaranth, and Jasmine) to create 13 different bouquets -- see all of
them here. These work best in a clear, glass teapot, so you can
really see the bouquet come out. It's mesmerizing to watch the ball
slowly turn in the water and the tea leaves spread out and expand as
the flowers emerge. You leave the bouquet in the pot while you drink,
and add more water to it for a second and even a third pot (each ball
lasts for 3 pots of tea). Afterwards, they suggest dispaying the
bouquet for a few more days in a clear vase with water.

You can buy these by the Bloom ($3 per bloom, $15 for 6 of them) or
in gift sets. The FullBloomTea website also carrries teaware that
allows you the maximum visual experience. Blooms are also packaged as
party favors, which I think is a great idea for wedding showers and
other girly events.

Posted by Hoyun
http://tinyurl.com/3d5u5w

<script src="http://badged.net/badged.js?u=http%3a%2f%
2fpointlessyammering.blogspot.com%2f;t=Pointless
+Yammering;dg=y;sp=y;tf=y;tb=y;dl=y;fl=y;nt=y;ym=y;gb=y;nv=y;bl=y;rd=y;b
m=y;mg=y;tr=y;em=y;"></script>

No comments: