Monday, February 12, 2007

Conservation - water

Greywater Treatment System for the home from ecoGizmo (72 articles) February 9, 2007 With Australia currently in the grip of a drought that is threatening the water supply of several major cities, it's not surprising that invention's mother, necessity, is driving some ingenious solutions. Australian-owned Nubian Water Systems recently launched the OASIS Domestic Greywater Treatment System (GT600), a practical and affordable urban water conservation solution generating a saving of almost 400 litres of drinking water a day for the average 4 person household. OASIS takes the greywater generated by baths, showers, laundry and hand basins and treats it to a high quality suitable for garden irrigation, toilet flushing, clothes washing and car washing. The compact, above-ground design of the OASIS GT600 is ideal for urban housing. No excavations are necessary and the entire system can be up and running within 24 hours of delivery. The cost of the treatment system is AUD$7,590 (US$6000) and installation will vary depending on the site.

http://tinyurl.com/377oq5



An excellent discussion of global warming.  I am not certain I agree, but its worth reading:

Global Warming - a review and a Conference Conclusion Posted by Heading Out on February 12, 2007 - 12:39pm Topic: Alternative energy Tags: global warming, little ice age, medieval period, roman periodNormally after a conference this is where I would give you my opinions in a little summary, and I would still like to do that, but the way things have worked out, I would like to preface that discussion with a little story. I had thought to post what immediately follows as a post on Friday, during the first day of the conference, but there were other pieces, and I was not sure how much on-topic this was. So I sent it around to our contributors for comment. And it developed into a little story on its own. So, since what then happened has some relevance to the conclusions I drew from the meeting, I thought I would combine both tasks. So let me begin with the original post as I wrote it. 

http://tinyurl.com/2qjab4










No comments: