Wednesday, February 23, 2005

a second helping today

Some more stuff going on in the world:

Effort to Identify the 9/11/2001 victims is put on permanent hold. I say permanent hold because they are officially stopping but if new technology becomes available they will start again. Almost half the victims have not been 'found'.

the article

More on bird flu. The US thinks it is ready. I am not an expert but everything in history and the history of the united states tells me we are no where near ready.
Also there is a meeting going on in Vietnam of all places regarding the bird flu.


Score one for the public in the fight to download and use and copy TV shows. It happens to be the only area of media where I condone the act of copying it and sharing it on the web.

Speaking of recording TV Tivo or someone with an interest in tivo is floating a nice rumor that apple will buy them out. In my personal and useless opinion, this is a very bad idea. The company has no propriatary equipment or technology that apple can use (that I can see) it is far better for apple to create a system similar to Myth TV and sell the hardware based on a modified mac-mini than to try to incorporate the Tivo equipment and services. I was finally happy with how my apple stock was working..... oh well.

a quick discussion on sharing photos online

thats all for now.

No comments: