Friday, February 18, 2005

trying this ne with word, wonder if the links will work

For the sheer fun of it I am writing this mornings post in word. I want to see if A) better spelling will be appreciated and B) if I can automate the creation of links as I seem to have messed them up before.

First off I would like to note that I tried reading my news via RSS this morning and found it to be an utter failure. I am a very visual person and the lack of sub-headlines, pictures, and other bits made it harder to glean understanding. I read my first group of sites (mac related) from rss and found it took a very long time to do, then I read my second group (news and science related) on the web as I usually do and zipped right through. I guess I am too … stupid? Slow? whatever to utilize RSS properly.

And I hate word’s grammar checker.


So those of you women out there that fight with your husbands…. apparently its good for your heart and other organs. Those of you husbands whose wives fight with you, not only will she make you angry while your alive and give you an ulcer and make you feel guilty over the fight and make you spend money on flowers to make up for the fight…. All that fighting will make her live longer which means if your long lived more fighting and if your not she gets the last word no matter how right you were. Details are here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4274821.stm (for the record, I don’t actually see marriage as a series of fights, but I think the concept is funny as long as its not true).

The Brits think Americans are nuts for the size of the average American car. My British cousin came to visit one time and I told her I would pick her up and would be driving a small green car. It was my mom’s Chevy cavalier (long time ago) and when I did pick up my cousin she said “hat happened to the small car?” The other car in the family was a Taurus, a full size sedan. My cousin thought that was huge. So our obsession with SUVs, which I am not a fan of, makes the Brits think we have finally gone round the bend. And to prove it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4276969.stm

This hack is for my good friend shaun who is convinced that the amiga was ahead of its time and amazing and so worth it and such a shame it disapeered. I think hes nuts ont his account. But that’s just me. http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000230032274/

I got this one off boingboing. It’s a scary thought that so many people are not prepaired for retirement and already over 50. I myself would not even have ten cents saved if it were not for my wife who thinks ahead and has made certain we have some money put away. Now, will I use it for retirement, college tuition for the kid(s), or that Mini Cooper I want so bad……. http://whatretirement.typepad.com/what_retirement/

Earlier some of my friends were discussing the best comics of all time, and then I found this (also from boingboing I think) http://www.moccany.org/nowthen/

Knowing a bit about Pittsburgh I find this very funny http://www.basketofpittsburgh.com/ because there is not much in Pittsburgh I would want in a basket let alone to eat. Hell Pittsburgh is famous as a steel town, and famous in the history/geography books as the only steel town that had neither ore nor coal nor anything else necessary for the creation of steel. (it has three rivers which made moving ore and coal and other stuff easy, that’s how it became a steel town.)

That’s all for now.

1 comment:

knowmad said...

i noticed, gah fudge