Thursday, February 17, 2005

this mornings read

Every morning i read a wide range of silly information, normally I bug the hell out of my friends with what i think is the most interesting of what i read. yesterday, one of my friends who has a great deal of influence over my thought processesesses suggested that i stop bugging him and instead blog my morning read, that way he can RSS it. I pointed out that RSSing is for the lazy.... and now I am going to blog it all anyway to see how it goes.

Item one, yet another reason to drink coffee. I am a big coffee fan, but not one who believes that caffiene is all good. Like any drug it has its good and bad sides. plus I really like the taste and activity of drinking coffee. anyway, beyond being somehow good for your heart, attention span, stress levels, and cancer risk in general, it has now been shown as ... well just read it: coffee

next up, we have chocolate. Another wonder food, this one gives us things like drugs and temporary happiness and obesity and diabetes and some say zits though the docs say that aint true. now it also seems to be good for your heart....
CHOCOLATE

Onto things that have personal signifigance for reasons I will not discuss cause they are personal and I do not discuss my personal life on live web pages anymore (see first post).

KYOTO: President Bush is still refusing to see the thermometer, or rather he sees it he just does not want to admit what is making it go up. here are some articles on the kyoto protocol coming into effect.
from china daily (no promises on respectability or truth in this one, I do not know the publication at all) and the jappan times (same disclaimer) and the independent which I know alredy is a bush hating rag that does not ususally check facts too losely if it might hurt the story and thats it on that for the moment.

Next up science:

Have you had your 40 year oil change... er ... blood change yet? it seems that 'young blood' makes all the diffarence aging and the aility to heal may be closely attached to our second largest 'organ'. Blood.

the usual doom and gloom warnings about bird flu. not that i would EVER want any human to suffer or die, but sometimes it seems that removing ttwo thirds of the planets population might not be a terrable idea.... maybe we can ship them to the moon. Make space for nature here and terraform there.

GADGETS:

two sites I like and now read are gizmag which i just found today and has a startling array of interesting and amazing and some silly gizmo type stories ranging from a two day log cabin building class to several concepts in personal mobility(cars, bikes, flyers, hovercrafts, you name it) to TVs that are rediculouse and ...well.. cool.

also I like the hack a day web site which gives real world items to build yourself, some useful, some not, most dangerouse like the linear excelerator gun.

ODD NEWS:

EXCORCISM CLASSES! woohoo! I have been waiting so long for these! I have a toaster that speaks in tounges, a microwave that burns a picture of the anti-christ into anything I heat, and computer with a worn out case fan (check the early days of the PVP comic strip).

And this one belongs in both the odd news and the gadget group. its a car that is half the size of the mini cooper. built just for small people and not for Jack(you either get it or you don't). smart car mini thingy oddly enough there was a pick of it on the front page of the chicago tribune website but not in the story. odd that...

ok, enjoy.
tell me how the rssing goes you lazy bums.

1 comment:

knowmad said...

um, i just checked all the links I have written to date, one was missing the = (the trailor one) the rest were fine, more than that for some unknown reason on my computer event eh trailor one worked fine.